If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site

WARNING

You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Follow Us

Your Pals Pet Hospital
Has Moved To

Magnolia Plaza
5152-A Hollister Ave
Santa Barbara, CA 93111

More dogs die, 3 people get sick after eating pet jerky treats

More dogs die, 3 people get sick after eating pet jerky treats
More than 1,000 dog deaths have been linked to ingestion of dog jerky treats, and three humans -- two toddlers and one adult -- have fallen ill after eating them. The toddlers ate the treats accidentally, and one was diagnosed with salmonella infection while the other developed gastrointestinal symptoms similar to those reported in dogs who ate the treats. The adult developed nausea and a headache. The FDA, which has been looking into the issue for seven years, hasn't identified a causative agent, but investigators have found drug residues that shouldn't be present in pet foods. NBC News (5/16)